Entry Level Project Manager
Averill is seeking energetic, career-oriented professionals across the country to join our team!
Averill is seeking energetic, career minded professionals to support our efforts in leading and directing sophisticated fundraising campaigns, planning studies and development audits, and interim staffing and professional training for our growing base of blue chip clients.
Key responsibilities of an Averill Consultant include:
- Providing onsite campaign management and institutional advancement services to leading nonprofit organizations
- Coordinating and conducting feasibility and planning studies and development assessments including scheduling and conducting interviews, developing materials, analyzing data, and creating final reports
- Developing essential campaign materials in support of fundraising efforts including a Case for Support and collateral materials, donor proposals, campaign plans and timetables, solicitation letters and other donor correspondences, and action memos and other operational documents
- Ensuring project’s meet their objectives and remain on schedule by generating momentum for the study or campaign and inspiring campaign volunteers
- Assisting in training and coaching client staff and volunteers in fundraising and solicitation best practices, including via group presentations and one-on-one interaction
- Creating background research, profiles and strategy memos on key donors and managing an organization’s cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects
- Participating in Averill corporate initiatives that assist in advancing the mission of our company
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive fundraising experience or transferable skills
- Demonstrated fundraising and project management success
- Experience with implementing and training staff on fundraising best practices and methodologies
- Ability to analyze fundraising trends, explain results and make recommendations
- Proven leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and high degree of initiative
- Track record as a problem-solver
- Excellent written communication, research, and organizational skills
- Flexibility, ability to work on projects throughout the United States for extended periods of time, or in some cases relocation for a year or more
- A bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree a plus
- A valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume that includes your salary requirements and an explanation of how your professional skills and accomplishments prepare you for a successful career with Averill to email@example.com. Averill offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
*Resumes that are submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Averill Fundraising Solutions is a different kind of philanthropic management firm: a firm with creative and tailored service models, flexible pricing, and unmatched experience and commitment. Through our unique, hands-on approach, we ensure that our clients’ fundraising efforts, from annual appeals to strategic planning to capital campaigns, consistently exceed expectations. We provide our clients with a fundraising strategy that meets their unique circumstances; a strategy which will enable them to fund their mission, build capacity and sustain growth.
Our team has combined nearly 60 years of experience serving secondary and higher education, hospitals and medical centers, academic medicine, faith-based organizations, global health organizations, human service organizations, professional and membership societies, arts and cultural organizations, and civic and social groups.